PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MCE Keyboard

harfin
April 13th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I have seen a couple of threads from advanced users about problems with the remote Windows Remote MCE keyboard (usb). However the threads were way over my head.

I bought this specific remote keyboard as a Ubuntu user was among the reviewers for the keyboard on the site where I bought it, and his comment was that it worked fine straight out of the box.

Well the usb transmitter works fine, as does the touch pad / and the media keys. However, the alpha keys on the right third of the keyboard do not work as indicated on the keys. the letters u i o p j k l m all give different characters when pressed.

I have tried every English keyboard alternative layout in the keyboard options list, but none solve it.

Any thoughts / suggestions from anyone?

Alan

harfin
April 17th, 2013, 12:42 PM
No one has any ideas suggestions?

If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a wireless keyboard/mouse/trackpad combination that doeswork with precise pangolin 64 bit?

Alan

Derxst
April 18th, 2013, 02:13 AM
I've been using the Logitech Touch K400 for my Ubuntu 12.04 system connected to my HDTV for almost a year now.

harfin
April 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I've been using the Logitech Touch K400 for my Ubuntu 12.04 system connected to my HDTV for almost a year now.

Thanks for that Derxst

I've just ordered one, as it looks great and has mostly A1 reviews

Thanks again
Alan