PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Should I go for 13.04 Beta 2 version

eshant_engineer
April 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Hello,

I am going to install OS on my PC. And why I am asking this question is because I have a doubt, that is, will there be any difference in packages in current version and final release and thus will it be upgraded to the final version as it releases?

Thanks for your answer :)

Frogs Hair
April 12th, 2013, 04:30 PM
There are people having problems with final beta and there are updates and bug fixes coming daily. See whats happening on the Ubuntu + one sub forum. Final beta will update to the final release via the update manager.

howefield
April 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM
... will there be any difference in packages in current version and final release and thus will it be upgraded to the final version as it releases?

Highly likely that there will be some packages updated between now and final release. :)

Installing now and taking the updates will give you the finished release.

androssofer
April 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I would recommend just waiting for the final version.. Some packages will change, some will be upgraded. Others perhaps downgraded. Hard to tell..

I also never usually trust upgrades, i much prefer fresh installs.

If you really want to install something now I would say install 12.10 and upgrade it instead of the 13.04 Beta..

But thats is just what I would do.. others might provide more insight.

fantab
April 12th, 2013, 04:51 PM
GO FOR IT. It is quite stable. IMO, its more stable than the previous release. Just remember to Update DAILY, until is officially released. I have been using it since Alpha, and I rarely has issues with 13.04.