PDA

View Full Version : Ventrilo on Wine

Fire
July 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I use Ventrilo to talk with some of my friends that play World Of WarCraft.

I believe I loaded the newest wine per the instructions on the winehq website. and I have loaded the newest version of Vent also. I am using a Logitech USB headset. What seams to be happening is that I can speak through the mic... but when voices come through they are routed to my main speakers. Unless more than one person is speaking. Then one of the voices will be routed to the headset.

I have just loaded Ubuntu and I am a bit of a newb so any help would be great. I have been messing with the system for days now. I am starting to think I should just start out with getting a better suppored motherboard. I have a ASUS PS4800D-X and its been nothing but a headach from the get go...

qrm
July 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
try looking around in gentoo forums, they have some decent howtos available. IIRC i got ventrilo perfectly running following those

Mr_HeNtAi
July 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Sounds good, I've been wondering if that was possible.

thunderdan
January 7th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Were you able to get your USB headset working? Have you tried using the in-game voicechat? I am trying to get my USB headset working with the in-game voicechat, and, so far, I have been unsuccessful.