PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Once Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installed monitor goes out of range after re-boot

mblynux
March 19th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Well..... I did do some searching but have quite found what I'm looking for. It appears to be a monitor issue (I have an Asus and an nVidia geForce 6150Se onboard video) seems the system is setup to run at 1928x1080 on Win xp. From what I have read so far if I switch it to 800x600 then shut down switch SATA cables around (as Ubuntu is on an other drive) and reboot will the hardware stay at that setting or will it go to default giving the same issue all over again. First I an updating the win drivers for nvidia I'm out of date on that one. Seems that nvidia has graphics driver 310.19 for Mint 13 might this work? Also read something about Xorg settings having to be tweeked but kinda got lost in that. As a newbie to Linux code can anyone offer a fix ? As a newb I'll need know how to get into terninal before screen gets to "out of range" and how to move around in terminal and do what needs to be done! Any help will be appreciated!

PS I've tried Xubuntu, Linux Lite and Mint 13 all with the same results " out of range"

Ernesto M EF
March 20th, 2013, 12:27 AM
You mean like resizing the screen to fit but when you reboot the screen goes back to the unfit size.. or it wont fit the entire screen?
If so im having the same issue here to im losing my mind im not to sure what to do. I tried my AMD ATI RADEON Catalyst setings to resize it it works but it does not save it or something when you reboot it same issue

mblynux
March 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yes I think once you switch back to any distro it (video card & driver) will default. This is a monitor issue as well. I also read that if you have a DVI out on monitor and main board that this may solve the issue, mine is too old VGA only on main board!