PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] No sound on 12.10

Flipflop McFly
February 6th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Hello World

I just upgraded (complete reboot, backing up my files) from Ubuntu 10.04 to Lubuntu 12.10. I have an older laptop, and finally realized that the Xub/Lub series is the series for me.

HOWEVER I have not yet gotten any sound out of my laptop. I first tried Xubuntu 12.10 - everything was a little slow (again: it's an older laptop), and there was no sound. So then I installed Lubuntu 12.10, which seems to run GREAT, except STILL no sound.

I've followed many threads of advice, given to me by the Great Googlegod, but nothing has helped. Sometimes, when muting/unmuting via alsamixer, the speaker will pop/click, but no satisfaction.

I've been using Ubuntu on this for a few years, with no real issues (except an increasing sluggishness, hence my upgrading to Lubuntu 12.10).

This seems to be an issue with Xub and Lub 12.10, maybe even 12.04 (based on my googling), and maybe Ubuntu, as well. I actually put Xubuntu 12.10 on a hand-me-down EVEN OLDER Sony Vaio laptop, and it seemed to work fine... so it's something particular with this model, maybe?

My computer is a Sony Vaio PCG-792L. The soundcard seems to be HDA Intel - does that makes sense?

Thank you, World.

sunsnoel
February 16th, 2013, 11:01 PM
I would suggest installing pulse-audio, this seems to get my audio up an working...

wakari
February 27th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Try these packets "pulseaudio" "pavucontrol".
I solved the problem.