PDA

View Full Version : drivers ati mobility radeon hd 5165

thunder_god
February 1st, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hello

I have a toshiba satellite l505-13e and ubuntu 12.04.1 lts 64 bit

Ubuntu can not recognise my graphic ( ATI mobility radeon hd 5165).

Search in some blogs how to install manualy the drivers but there was always a step were i got stucked because of an error or something.

Is there anyone who can give me the commands to install my graphic.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards

darkod
February 1st, 2013, 12:38 AM
How exactly it can't recognize the card?

By default, ATI cards should work with a driver/module called radeon. But that has limited options.

The better driver to use is fglrx. If you open Additional Drivers does it offer to activate fglrx?

thunder_god
February 1st, 2013, 12:44 AM
when i try to activate the driver there come an error. It says that cannot do it

thunder_god
February 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
anyone can help me?

darkod
February 1st, 2013, 11:15 AM
I don't know if that card is supported by the fglrx driver. Does it work with the default radeon driver, or it doesn't work at all?

Mark Phelps
February 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM
when i try to activate the driver there come an error. It says that cannot do it

OK ... first of all, if Ubuntu did NOT recognize your graphics chipset you would have a black, blank screen -- which is clearly NOT the case as you would have said that. Ubuntu installed the default Radeon driver for you -- which is why you see a desktop.

Second, WHAT does is say (specifically) when you try to activate? We need to know the error message to provide specifics.

Third, there are often two additional driver options, the first of these typically works, the second (often called post-update) usually does NOT work. Which of these are you trying to use?

thunder_god
February 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
It seems like is instaled now. Tryed again without any error.

Just one last question.

I just have one grafic drivers option where you said that should be 3. As is it is working now, it shall not be a problem, correct?

Thanks for the help and sorry is i wasted some of you time

Mark Phelps
February 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
...I just have one grafic drivers option where you said that should be 3. As is it is working now, it shall not be a problem, correct?

Actually, there are typically two Additional Driver options, not three, and the second of these nearly always fails.

IF your video is working OK, then you don't have a problem.

And, you didn't waste our time -- we're here to help.