PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Thunderbird

gordie69
January 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I'm trying to setup thunderbird but when I click on it it goes to a log in and then I have too log back in not sure what this is about can anybody help me out or should I use a gmail program. I'd rather use thunderbird dur to I'd never had any troubles up to now.

SeijiSensei
January 29th, 2013, 10:42 PM
The first time you run Thunderbird it launches a "wizard" to set up your primary email account. It asks you things like your name and email address. Is that what you mean? If so, just fill in the form and let it try and do its magic. If your using it with your own server and domain, it may not work, but if you're using a popular free email provider like GMail it should set up everything for you automatically.

If you have an existing Thunderbird installation that is giving your problems, here's a quick way to test. After making sure Thunderbird is closed, open a terminal and type the command "mv .thunderbird .thunderbird.bad". Now start Thunderbird again and walk through the wizard to set up your account. There are ways to move things from the old installation to the new, but before heading down that road, we need some more details from you.

gordie69
January 30th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks I'll try that it's funny I'd never a problem with this I've always got the wizard and follwed through and add my account and let the updates go and receive and send mail.