PDA

View Full Version : 12,04 connection problems

MontrealCorp
January 15th, 2013, 02:05 AM
hi, has more time pass, more difficulty happens wich i find strange.

i run ubuntu 12.04 , and now, each time i restart my computer, my internet connection cannot be started unless i shut down the router completely.

i use belkin usb N wireless

when i first srat use ubuntu couple weeks ago, i never had this problem.
but after a couple of format and install in the past few weeks, now i just cant connect to the internet without a shut down of the router anymore.

strange thing is, all the latop in the house (2) works without this problem, iphone wifi works great as well and never need a shutdown from the router to make them work.

what is going on ?
why is shutting down the router only for my desktop ubuntu 12.04 is needed that much to accces internet ?
especially when it was not even need it before ?

ty

ahallubuntu
January 15th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Please tell us exactly which Belkin card you are using.

Also, open Terminal and in it type a few commands and please provide the output:

sudo lshw -C network
iwconfig

MontrealCorp
January 15th, 2013, 03:00 AM
it is a belkin N wireless adapter # F5D8053 v3

sorry for late response, i was in the process of going for a reformat again trying this time to install ubuntu without an internet connection in case of w.e miracle this could change anything ...?

now i am sending the info i was able to do with my internet WIRED connection from my iphone o0....

ty for help btw...:)

*-network
description: Ethernet interface
product: MCP79 Ethernet
vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
physical id: a
bus info: pci@0000:00:0a.0
logical name: eth0
version: b1
serial: 00:23:54:5d:3a:94
capacity: 1Gbit/s
width: 32 bits
clock: 66MHz
capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list ethernet physical mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=forcedeth driverversion=0.64 latency=0 link=no maxlatency=20 mingnt=1 multicast=yes port=MII
resources: irq:23 memory:f9f7c000-f9f7cfff ioport:c480(size=8) memory:f9f7e400-f9f7e4ff memory:f9f7e000-f9f7e00f
*-network
description: Wireless interface
physical id: 1
bus info: usb@2:3
logical name: wlan0
serial: 00:1c:df:2f:7a:4e
capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb driverversion=3.2.0-35-generic-pae firmware=0.29 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn
simon@DesktopOffice:~$ iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:on

eth0 no wireless extensions.

simon@DesktopOffice:~$

MontrealCorp
January 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Bump ?

Btw , i dont think it is my usb adapter cause he see all the wireless network available including the one i should connect too.
It just does not seem to registered while all my other laptop, iphone, etc connect without any problem and no need to shutdown the router to make them work as well, strange.

I just do not see why it is not working when couple weeks ago it was working flawlessly , it is a fresh install has well .
Ty

MontrealCorp
January 16th, 2013, 12:34 AM
after seing nohting could be done and some laptops started to fall apart with bad connection i simply reset to factory the router and i change evryhting for wireless connection.

now it works , dunno what happen but has long it is working :)...