PDA

View Full Version : No Additional Drivers?

uRock
January 2nd, 2013, 01:14 AM
With Additional Drivers not being present in 12.10 is there another application installed for dealing with drivers?

JiuJitsu500
January 2nd, 2013, 01:15 AM
It's in Software Sources as a new tab. Took me a minute to recognize that too...

uRock
January 2nd, 2013, 01:18 AM
It's in Software Sources as a new tab. Took me a minute to recognize that too...

Thanks. I had already started installing the Addition Drivers application, but I was really curious about knowing if there was something already there. Thanks for pointing that out. :p

JiuJitsu500
January 2nd, 2013, 01:23 AM
If you installed jockey-gtk, would it say it's already installed? Or is it now combined into the sources app?

Hmmm... I have it in a VM, I may just try that. No problem BTW, I looked for like 30 minutes the other day so I feel your feel :guitar:

uRock
January 2nd, 2013, 01:33 AM
If you installed jockey-gtk, would it say it's already installed? Or is it now combined into the sources app?

Hmmm... I have it in a VM, I may just try that. No problem BTW, I looked for like 30 minutes the other day so I feel your feel :guitar:

I installed the Additional Drivers app via Software Center. It didn't say it was already there, though the app does not show up when typing Additional Drivers in the Unity window.

Thanks