PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing Qucs on 12.10

ariskk
December 29th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I am trying to install Qucs on ubuntu 12.10 but I can't due to the missing libqt3. Qucs is not available via the software center and I've downloaded the source code. I've managed to install a couple of dependencies but now ./configure fails at

checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
checking for Qt headers... found in /usr/include/qt3
checking for Qt... 3 (multi-threaded)
checking for Qt library... configure: error: not found

Any idea how to proceed from this point on?

Thanks

phxfreddy@hotmail.com
March 8th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I am trying to install Qucs on ubuntu 12.10 but I can't due to the missing libqt3. Qucs is not available via the software center and I've downloaded the source code. I've managed to install a couple of dependencies but now ./configure fails at

checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
checking for Qt headers... found in /usr/include/qt3
checking for Qt... 3 (multi-threaded)
checking for Qt library... configure: error: not found

Any idea how to proceed from this point on?

Thanks

I had the same issue. You are not using the mt libs. ( multithreaded ) See my note page here: http://www.amarketplaceofideas.com/design-tools/circuit-analysis/qucs-circuit-simulator/qucs-build-notes

Problem: After building the Qt library the ./Configure choked at the point it was supposed to find the library. This must have been because of it being the non threading library because of this:
Though the QTDIR environment variable is setup correctly, it may happen that the configure script cannot find the Qt libraries because it is initially looking for the threaded libraries (the libqt-mt.so link). If you have installed the non-threaded library (the libqt.so link) configure fails. This can be worked around by

$ ./configure --disable-mt

AND THIS WORKED