PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.10 Installation REMOVED All Installed Services

jcobban
December 20th, 2012, 04:04 AM
I am extremely annoyed that after upgrading from Ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10 I have to manually reinstall almost everything. That not only means identifying every application or service I had installed, but also every customization I had made. That is <snip> rude!:mad:

jcobban
December 20th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I am gradually working my way through restoring all of the features and configuration files that the 12.10 install threw away. I am having to relearn all the tricks along the way. This is a complete and utter waste of my time and I demand an apology!

coffeecat
December 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM
The forum membership, staff included, are volunteers. Demanding an apology from ordinary users such as yourself is unlikely to be productive. When you have calmed down I suggest you start a new thread describing your issues in detail so that someone can help. Upgrading from one version to another does not (usually) remove configurations and services. If you do ask for help I suggest you describe the upgrade method you used and details of your system, together with any PPA repos you were using, so that people can see what might have gone wrong.

Thread closed.