PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Panel won't accept change at next startup

Captain Chocolate
December 16th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Hello !

I need some help concerning a problem with the lxde panel which I was not able to solve by reading the threads about Lubuntu (I probably missed few ones. Here the thing.
I recently installed Lubuntu 12.10 on my Samsung netbook. I installed compiz and emerald to get a Mac OS theme and did several things to get the panel I wanted. One of them was to delete the default panel, then add a new one, but I didn't get the icons I wanted on it, so I found a way to reset the default panel (don't ask me how : I just found threads on the forum and copied and pasted in the terminal, as I usually do, blindly trusting what I can read on them!)
Everything was fine until I realized the panel reseted automatically at each startup, which makes that each I do with it are not taken into account.
My question is : where is the config file that says the change must remain, and which line should I add / modify in this edited file?
Thank you for all your answer !

And one last thing I need to say : Lubuntu definitively rocks !! My computer is ultra responsive, even with Compiz and Cairo dock. I'm seriously impressed !:)

Captain Chocolate
December 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Anybody can help me ?

Captain Chocolate
December 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Actually, I have two possible solutions to fix this problem :
- the first one is to find the config file where to commute the autoreset option of the panel into something that allows the changes I make;
- the other is to create another panel and to remove the default one. Problem : I have to create 2 "application launch bar" applets for the shutdown and the battery applets and find a way to link them with the default icons that can be found in /usr/share/icons/elementary or in usr/share/icons/lubutu/panel/22 and 24.
But I don't know how to do that !

Seriously, I need some help here !

Captain Chocolate
December 17th, 2012, 09:13 AM
OK. I partially solved the problem.
I decided to follow options 2 : I erased the default panel and set up a new one.
For the logout button, I followed these directions : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Boot_Install_Login

I'm still searching how to have the default battery icon (not the ugly one that comes in the applet).

I will update this thread.