PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion

Beardedturtle
December 16th, 2012, 03:04 AM
This guide is rubbish http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Linux#Installing_Oblivion is there any new guides out there?
Got this error through Wine and Playonlinux
Error Code: -5006 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>Kernel\ServiceProvider.cpp (109)
>Kernel\ServiceProvider.cpp (87)
>Kernel\ObjectHolder.cpp (442)
>Kernel\FileGroup.cpp (520)
>Kern>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1284)
PAPP:Oblivion
PVENDOR:Bethesda Softworks (http://www.bethsoft.com)
PGUID:35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 20783.31683

oldrocker99
December 16th, 2012, 06:08 AM
PlayOnLinux has an Oblivion install script which is most likely up to date. I haven't attempted using it, but it would be worth a try.

Beardedturtle
December 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
PlayOnLinux has an Oblivion install script which is most likely up to date. I haven't attempted using it, but it would be worth a try.

It will install it half way then stop saying it cannot be installed unpatched how the Hell can I patch a non existent game.....

howefield
December 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Thread moved to the "Wine" forum.

xREDEMPTIONx
December 17th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I installed Oblivion with Playonlinux without the install script. Just go to -configure- and create a new drive. Once created run the installer in that drive. I think the only package I installed in the drive was d3dx9. Set GLSL to enabled and set your video memory size and you should be good to go. Runs and plays perfect. This is on latest Playonlinux and wine 1.5.19.

Beardedturtle
December 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I installed Oblivion with Playonlinux without the install script. Just go to -configure- and create a new drive. Once created run the installer in that drive. I think the only package I installed in the drive was d3dx9. Set GLSL to enabled and set your video memory size and you should be good to go. Runs and plays perfect. This is on latest Playonlinux and wine 1.5.19.

Feature Transfer Error #2147418113 Every time...

Beardedturtle
December 17th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Error in POL_Shortcut
Binary not found: OblivionLauncher.exe
Have you installed the program to the default location?

Next page:

If you do not have the Shivering Isles disc please update to the latest patch and try again.

xREDEMPTIONx
December 18th, 2012, 03:24 AM
I never got any errors like that, strange. If you have a windows partition you could always install the game there and then copy it over to a new drive in Playonlinux. I have done that with quite a few of my games with success. You will have to manually add some registry entries for the install dir etc. I found those with a google search. Have you also tried the playonlinux forums? There might be somebody there with some knowledge of the errors you are seeing.

Beardedturtle
December 19th, 2012, 02:59 AM
I never got any errors like that, strange. If you have a windows partition you could always install the game there and then copy it over to a new drive in Playonlinux. I have done that with quite a few of my games with success. You will have to manually add some registry entries for the install dir etc. I found those with a google search. Have you also tried the playonlinux forums? There might be somebody there with some knowledge of the errors you are seeing.

How about virtualbox? Install Win. 7 on it....just a thought but idk if it works I installed Fedora 17 on it and refuses to recognize my HDTV Ubuntu had no problems...maybe it is a VB issue.

xREDEMPTIONx
December 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I don't see why that wouldn't work. Install the game on windows7 in virtualbox and then copy it over to playonlinux. Have you tried the Playonlinux or wine forums for more information on your errors?

Beardedturtle
December 23rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
I don't see why that wouldn't work. Install the game on windows7 in virtualbox and then copy it over to playonlinux. Have you tried the Playonlinux or wine forums for more information on your errors?

I gave up WINE causes my pc to lag it will take 1,8Gb out of 8Gb of memory and my CPU usage during wine or steam usage is 19% on all 4 cores--19% 19% 19% 19% so screw it.

Beardedturtle
December 23rd, 2012, 08:52 PM
Got Win 7 installed time to tinker with it.....

Beardedturtle
December 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Windows cannot read the disc but Linux can?? Screw it

not found
December 23rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Please refrain from making multiple posts in such short succession after each other. If you want to add anything relevant to your posts you can edit a post and add the information.

All of your ranting is not helping you solve your problem.

Have you done as mentioned earlier and checked the Wine-HQ site and/or the Play on Linux site to find more information on the error messages you are getting?

Beardedturtle
December 24th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Please refrain from making multiple posts in such short succession after each other. If you want to add anything relevant to your posts you can edit a post and add the information.

All of your ranting is not helping you solve your problem.

Have you done as mentioned earlier and checked the Wine-HQ site and/or the Play on Linux site to find more information on the error messages you are getting?

Nothing works so to Hell with it I give up until someone ports it over to Linux. Uninstalling POL now.

Beardedturtle
December 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Nothing works so to Hell with it I give up until someone ports it over to Linux. Uninstalling POL now.
oblivion install completed, but installed file /home/bearded/.local/share/wineprefixes/oblivion/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Oblivion.exe not found

xREDEMPTIONx
December 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
The actual installed game path and the registry entry probably do not match. Did you change the default install path for some reason? Run Registry Editor in the Oblivion drive and make sure this key is correct.

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-Software
-Bethesda Softworks
-Oblivion (string) Installed Path Your Install Path Here

Beardedturtle
December 26th, 2012, 12:09 AM
The actual installed game path and the registry entry probably do not match. Did you change the default install path for some reason? Run Registry Editor in the Oblivion drive and make sure this key is correct.

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-Software
-Bethesda Softworks

I will try again in a few days. =)

Beardedturtle
December 30th, 2012, 08:31 PM

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-Software
-Bethesda Softworks

Oblivion is still giving file transfer errors and hard crashing Virtualbox I give up,