PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Black-screen, information...

Angalica
November 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM
When ubuntu close there is a black screen with a lot of information that i need to read (i found something is disable on my system) but i can't because the page disappear to fast ... Thank you

audiomick
November 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
There is a button on your keyboard marked "pause". Try hitting that at the point you want to read stuff. I don't know for sure that will work, but I think it is worth a try. I believe hitting it again will get things rolling again. Haven't tried it for ages...

sudodus
November 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM
When you have closed your applications and want to shutdown or reboot, try this:

Press Alt + SysRQ 'all the time' and then slowly press one key per second or slower, and wait for output, press

r e i s u b

At least in 12.04 you will get some output, let us hope it corresponds to the output you get at normal shutdown.

This is also a good method to make a controlled shutdown in case the desktop environment will not receive normal commands (much better than the power button).

audiomick
November 29th, 2012, 07:37 PM
This is also a good method to make a controlled shutdown in case the desktop environment will not receive normal commands (much better than the power button).

Yes, this is very true. I don't really see much output from that generally, but then I do usually do it pretty quick.

I don't know that the messages that come, if any, will be the same as a normal shutdown. I think the process that reisub triggers is a little different to a normal shutdown procedure.