PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] upgrade from natty narwhal to Precise Pangolin

toxictex
November 24th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I have burned the iso image of Precise Pangolin to disk but I am worried about installing it because when I first installed Natty Narwhal I had graphic problems With the unity 3D desktop which were solved by downloading and installing Unity 2D as advised to do on this forum. I have tried running the live c.d. and it seems to run without any problems on my system so can I assume that installing Precise Pangolin will not cause any problems.

monkeybrain2012
November 24th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I have burned the iso image of Precise Pangolin to disk but I am worried about installing it because when I first installed Natty Narwhal I had graphic problems With the unity 3D desktop which were solved by downloading and installing Unity 2D as advised to do on this forum. I have tried running the live c.d. and it seems to run without any problems on my system so can I assume that installing Precise Pangolin will not cause any problems.

If you tested on live cd and it works then it shouldn't have any problem.

NikTh
November 24th, 2012, 01:41 AM
With the unity 3D desktop which were solved by downloading and installing Unity 2D as advised to do on this forum.
Ubuntu 12.04 precise pangolin includes ubuntu-2d(unity-2d) environment by default. So if you have any problems with Unity3D , you can switch to 2D with one click in login screen. Have a look at this picture : http://i.stack.imgur.com/gPLtQ.png

I have tried running the live c.d. and it seems to run without any problems on my system so can I assume that installing Precise Pangolin will not cause any problems.

The general rule is "When it runs good at Live session , it will be run good when install it also".
So go for it :)

toxictex
November 24th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Thank you so much I will install 12.04 immediately I get up tomorrow

monkeybrain2012
November 24th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Just a suggestion. Instead of doing an upgrade (as with the update manager) I suggest you save your data and do a clean install. Save you a lot of headaches later.

toxictex
November 24th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Just a suggestion. Instead of doing an upgrade (as with the update manager) I suggest you save your data and do a clean install. Save you a lot of headaches later.
Thank you I have decided I will do a clean install, hopefully I will free up some space on my hard disc