PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] (Osticket) Fatal Error: Contact system adminstrator.

MocroNL
November 21st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hey guys. I did not use osticket for a while. But today we wanted to use it again. But it gave me an error in the webbrowser: (Fatal Error: Contact system adminstrator.).

My question is:
Where is the logfile for osticket because I need more information to solve this problem. I have tried to find the osticket logfile but cannot find it anywhere.

If someone could please point me to the right direction...

Many thanks!

chadk5utc
November 21st, 2012, 04:03 PM
A quick google search shows a lot of information about this withing osticket forums. Suggestions are to look within the /var/log/apache2 logs for errors and within /var/logs/

thomasmathiesen
March 13th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Hey guys. I did not use osticket for a while. But today we wanted to use it again. But it gave me an error in the webbrowser: (Fatal Error: Contact system adminstrator.).

My question is:
Where is the logfile for osticket because I need more information to solve this problem. I have tried to find the osticket logfile but cannot find it anywhere.

Many thanks!

I came across the same issue. It happened when I was moving OsTicket 1.6 from one server to another.
Just edit the file "main.inc.php"

FROM

if($ferror){ //Fatal error
Sys::alertAdmin('osTicket Fatal Error',$ferror); //try alerting admin.
die("<b>Fatal Error:</b> Contact system adminstrator"); //Generic error.
exit;
}

TO

if($ferror){ //Fatal error
Sys::alertAdmin('osTicket Fatal Error',$ferror); //try alerting admin.
die("<b>Fatal Error:</b> Contact system adminstrator: $ferror"); //Generic error.
exit;
}

Save it and reload your page. OSTicket will show you what's wrong, by adding the $ferror value to the string.

Kind regards, Med vennlig hilsen, Met vriendelijke groet,
Thomas Mathiesen
--
LinSpes.no
Web: www.linspes.no - www.vtiger.no - www.openerp.no
Email: thomas.mathiesen@linspes.no
Phone: +47 21 99 67 64 (Norway)
Phone: +31 70 80 80 212 (The Netherlands)