PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnucash Manual

JerryC
November 19th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a current Gnucash manual? I have the sense that the tutorial that comes with v2.4 is a little behind. When you get to the part about entering transactions, nothing matches the text. At least not the part about split transactions. Entering splits by using the tutorial is also pretty hinky.

JC

ajgreeny
November 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM
You may already have found this, but here you go, just in case it escaped from you.
http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=help
This seems to be for v2.4, but could be the one you are talking about as being a bit behind. I don't use gnucash, so have no idea if it's up to date or not.

JerryC
November 20th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Unfortunately that is the help file from v2.2 which is what I suspected. The good news is I found a book about gnucash on Amazon. The bad news is it's not a kindle version, but I'll live.

JC

newb85
November 20th, 2012, 04:34 AM
The bad news is it's not a kindle version, but I'll live.

Has Kindle worked out their diagram/picture rendering issues enough to make it worth purchasing such a book in Kindle format, anyways? (Please don't misinterpret--I'm asking because I don't know.)

JerryC
November 20th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Your concern is valid. Having both types of Kindle, I can tell you the early black & white Kindles are no good for viewing pictures. I also purchased a Kindle Fire HD recently and it is wonderous. I read my newspaper every day on my Kindle Fire. I have 2 or 3 Ubuntu manuals on it now and a subscription to Linux Journal. You would love one.

JC