PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] where are forums and subforums

djpython
November 18th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I recieved a kindly suggestion about how to post a thread and he pointed me here but also said to "got to the sub forum of my choice". Would anyone please tell me where forums and subforum may be located so I can follow through?

Thanks, I feel like I am trying to get a train going here.

:popcorn::guitar::confused::confused::confused::co nfused::confused: :)

(The only way I got here was by a link he... ...coffeecat!, sent me) (I'm trying for noob of the day.)

MG&TL
November 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org is "the forum". This is where all the subforums stem from.

All the links you can see lead to sub-forums (and sometimes sub-sub-forums), like "Absolute Beginner Talk" for beginners, or "Hardware" for those with hardware problems, or "Development and Programming" for would-be developers.

Spend some time browsing, and pick one that sounds suitable for your needs. Be polite and sensible, if someone picks you up on your forum choice, apologise and ask a mod to move it. :)

Welcome to the forums!

offgridguy
November 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I recieved a kindly suggestion about how to post a thread and he pointed me here but also said to "got to the sub forum of my choice". Would anyone please tell me where forums and subforum may be located so I can follow through?

Thanks, I feel like I am trying to get a train going here.

:popcorn::guitar::confused::confused::confused::co nfused::confused: :)

(The only way I got here was by a link he... ...coffeecat!, sent me) (I'm trying for noob of the day.)
At the bottom of this page, it says Forum Jump
Click on the arrow, it will bring up the index of sub forums, find the one
you want , click GO. :)

djpython
November 18th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hi guys, Thanks for the Welcome.

I was seconds late. My edit to my post talked about how I only know how to get to forums by pressing links that others sent me. I wanna be a big boy. Wont you please tell me where (outside of a post in a forum) do I start to look.

(Now how about that newb of the day nomination, eh?)

i see you now, OffGridGuy! I'll press on.

MG&TL
November 18th, 2012, 10:01 PM
If I understand you correctly, you want to navigate the forum from within a post. Well, there's a navigation bar at the top (screenshot attached) which allows you to navigate from there.

Also try out the search options (under 'search' at the top. ;) )

As for 'noob of the day'...there's a "newest member" box at the bottom of our homepage, you never know, you might be still there. :)

deadflowr
November 18th, 2012, 10:04 PM
If you want to get to the forums without using a third-party link, I suggest you bookmark it.
Use the link MG&TL gave you to get to the home page and click the star in the address bar in either firefox or chrome to bookmark, then set the bookmark bar.

offgridguy
November 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
if you want to get to the forums without using a third-party link, i suggest you bookmark it.
Use the link mg&tl gave you to get to the home page and click the star in the address bar in either firefox or chrome to bookmark, then set the bookmark bar.

+1