PDA

View Full Version : Launchpad: signing the Ubuntu Code of Conduct; could be easier.

MFSOT
November 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM
New to Linux and trying to sign to be part of the bug team as I feel it will help me learn the internals and make me a better end user.

I have made it as far as:

In a terminal, run the command:
gpg --clearsign UbuntuCodeofConduct-1.1.txt (or whatever filename you gave to the code). This will create a file with a name like UbuntuCodeofConduct-1.1.txt.asc.
Open that new file, and copy and paste its contents into this box. Then click “Continue”.

I have changed the file type to the .asc and have tried to copy and paste yet I get this error:

There is 1 error.
(7, 58, u'No data')

Any help would be much appreciated!

*using 12.10

Elfy
November 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Post moved to new thread Absolute Beginners Section.

Frogs Hair
November 18th, 2012, 03:32 PM
This may help and you may need to install Inigmail for Thunderbird if I remember correctly for any encoded email in the future .http://www.wikihow.com/Sign-the-Ubuntu-Code-of-Conduct

MFSOT
November 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
This may help and you may need to install Inigmail for Thunderbird if I remember correctly for any encoded email in the future .http://www.wikihow.com/Sign-the-Ubuntu-Code-of-Conduct

Thank you for your reply - I already had thunderbird and inigmail installed for the reasons you stated.

My issue remains the same - when I cut and paste the document I get the error above.

Anyone have any ideas?

Elfy
November 22nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
I have changed the file type to the .asc and have tried to copy and paste yet I get this error:You shouldn't be doing that.

Running

gpg --clearsign UbuntuCodeofConduct-1.1.txt

should leave you with both

UbuntuCodeofConduct-1.1.txt
UbuntuCodeofConduct-1.1.txt.asc

Then open the UbuntuCodeofConduct-1.1.txt.asc file and copy paste that.

activision78
February 1st, 2013, 12:55 AM
I may be having a similar problem;

When I try to open the UbuntuCodeofConduct-2.0.txt.asc I get an error message telling me that

"There is no application installed for PGP/MIME-encrypted message header files.
Do you want to search for an application to open this file?"

I searched for an application like it said and installed a plugin for seahorse that it suggested. Now when I try to open the file I get an error message reading "No data"

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.