PDA

View Full Version : Missing icons

GDPR-ohya4wai4eiJ
November 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM
After the todays update all my icons are gone. I remember that one package complained about the icon cache and showed me a command with a redirector (I think it was gtk-update-icon-cache). libgtk2.0-bin wasn't installed at this time and after installing it the command gtk-update-icon-cache hasn't helped me. Has somebody an idea how to fix this? I'm using LXDE and reinstalling lxde-icon-theme hasn't helped too.

dino99
November 13th, 2012, 06:55 PM
try: lxpanel --replace

GDPR-ohya4wai4eiJ
November 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
This command wasn't available on my system and even after installing it it hasn't helped. But I have upgraded now my virtual machine to look to the exact error message. After the trigger for an icon theme this appears:

(gtk-update-icon-cache-3.0:7343): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

This likely means that your installation is broken.
Try running the command
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache
to make things work again for the time being.

After installing libgdk-pixbuf2.0 and running the command (the last 2 directories were missing) nothing changed. All icons are still invisible or have an error symbol. Curiously my virtual machine got this error message too but is unaffected by this bug.

Edit: Your edited command doesn't know the argument --replace.

raja.genupula
November 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
After the todays update all my icons are gone. I remember that one package complained about the icon cache and showed me a command with a redirector (I think it was gtk-update-icon-cache). libgtk2.0-bin wasn't installed at this time and after installing it the command gtk-update-icon-cache hasn't helped me. Has somebody an idea how to fix this? I'm using LXDE and reinstalling lxde-icon-theme hasn't helped too.

How about re-isntalling LXDE with

sudo apt-get install --reinstall lxde

GDPR-ohya4wai4eiJ
November 14th, 2012, 08:45 AM
lxde was never installed but lxde-core. I have reinstalled it but it hasn't helped. I have even removed all icon-themes and installed them again but without any difference. I have now updated the icon cache for all folders in /usr/share/icons but this hasn't solved the problem too.

raja.genupula
November 14th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Ok do this in your terminal

sudo cp /usr/share/lxpanel/profile/LXDE/panels ~/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels

If changes are not applied instantly then re-login/restart your system.

GDPR-ohya4wai4eiJ
November 14th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I have now downgraded my system to Quantal and all is working fine. Now I will figure out first which package is triggering this bug.

raja.genupula
November 14th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I have now downgraded my system to Quantal and all is working fine. Now I will figure out first which package is triggering this bug.

and dont forget reporting it to launchpad .

Thank you .

Have you tried what i have given ?

GDPR-ohya4wai4eiJ
November 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
and dont forget reporting it to launchpad .

Sure, as the ~100 reports I have already made there :)

Have you tried what i have given ?

I will try it after I have upgraded to Raring again.

Edit: The upgrade is now complete and I couldn't find a package which is making troubles because all is working fine now.