PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Interesting Wireless Connectivity Issue.

master of none
November 7th, 2012, 05:10 AM
I am using a Gateway E-475M G. Just yesterday I did a clean install of Ubuntu 12.10. I installed it using a wired connection to increase speed. Today, after disconnecting the wired connection, I found that wireless connectivity was unavailable.

Figuring it was a driver issue, I went to reconnect my CAT 5 and found that I couldn't get a wired connection, either.

Long story short: I determined that my wired connection only works when on AC power. Weird. I'm looking for some help with these connectivity issues, as I am new to Ubuntu.

If you need any command outputs, just ask!

Thanks in advance.

coldraven
November 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
When you have a wired connection try enabling your wifi card. On some machines you press a combination of keys like Fn+F2 or flip a physical switch. Then search in your dashboard for "Additional Drivers" and see what it finds.

Danboy88
November 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
hello guys,

I have installed ubuntu 12.04 on hp Pro book 4520s, and after that I used my usb modem thought there was nothing else to do to connect to Internet. since the day I installed it, I can connect to wireless and LAN connection but when I open up my web browser , I cannot open any page "no connectivity".

If you guys can help me, really I cant do anything without Internet.

master of none
November 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM
When you have a wired connection try enabling your wifi card. On some machines you press a combination of keys like Fn+F2 or flip a physical switch. Then search in your dashboard for "Additional Drivers" and see what it finds.

Okay, there is a switch, I will perform the search today. I am at work, and left my laptop home, by accident. :(

I'll let you know what I find.

master of none
November 7th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Sorry, but that search didn't come up with anything. Any more suggestions?