PDA

View Full Version : How many of you harvest the forums

MikePnKY
July 3rd, 2006, 01:32 AM
When I first tried Ubuntu, and first found the forums, I would come here to search for answers to specific questions, and to hunt for solutions to issues that I was having.

Now, I like to look over the entire forum from time to time, and see what other people are discussing, resolving, creating and whatnot. Quite often, I will see things brought to light that I never thought of myself. This has led to me trying several new things, and having quite a good time doing it.

Anyone else that harvests the forums for new ideas? Or am I the only freeloader here 8-[

Xzallion
July 3rd, 2006, 01:41 AM
I do this all the time. I search the how-to's and game sections to find new things to try.

wyohermit
July 3rd, 2006, 02:37 AM
Absolutely !! In fact I sucribe the "Absolute Beginners Talk" daily digest and have an RSS live bookmark to the forums on my toolbar. I find it a great learning tool, to read things which I know little or nothing about, for future reference .

basketcase
July 3rd, 2006, 03:16 AM
I browse on occasion. Always something new interesting that I didn't know.

RRS
July 3rd, 2006, 04:09 AM
Most of my time here is simply "browsing". I usually wander thru several different forums or simply search the more recent postings.

Though I tend to look for new things to try but I often find solutions to problems I didn't realise existed and others I thought minor enough to ignore.

Occasionally I find an opportunity to use my limited knowledge to help someone else but usually all I can offer is encouragement and guidance to narow their search for answers.

fuscia
July 3rd, 2006, 04:17 AM
with me, it's more like wandering into something rather than actual harvesting.

matthew
July 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Anyone else that harvests the forums for new ideas? Or am I the only freeloader here 8-[This is what got me started here in the first place. :D

bluenova
July 3rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
with me, it's more like wandering into something rather than actual harvesting.
ditto

djsroknrol
July 3rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
I like to brouse the forums to keep up with what's going on....

der_joachim
July 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
Anyone else that harvests the forums for new ideas? Or am I the only freeloader here 8-[

Yup. I like tinkering with my system in my free time, and this forum is a good way to 'harvest' as you so eloquently put it.