PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] All i386 packages broke

Krofnica
October 29th, 2012, 09:07 PM
After today's dist-upgrade I noticed that skype disappeared. When I tried to reinstall it, it says that ia32-libs are missing. If I try to install ia32-libs, apt says that I requested an impossible situation (unmet dependencies bla bla). It also lists bunch of :i386 packages and suggests me to apt-get autoremove them.

Help? :(

zika
October 29th, 2012, 09:31 PM
We are missing a sticky thread about dist-upgrade in this Raring forum... Aren't we?

After today's dist-upgrade I noticed that skype disappeared. When I tried to reinstall it, it says that ia32-libs are missing. If I try to install ia32-libs, apt says that I requested an impossible situation (unmet dependencies bla bla). It also lists bunch of :i386 packages and suggests me to apt-get autoremove them.

Help? :sad:It is because You've performed dist-upgrade and accepted that situation. You've been asked if You want to install certain new packages and to remove some... Weren't You?

DougieFresh4U
October 30th, 2012, 03:26 AM
:P
We are missing a sticky thread about dist-upgrade in this Raring forum... Aren't we?
It is because You've performed dist-upgrade and accepted that situation. You've been asked if You want to install certain new packages and to remove some... Weren't You?

Are you thinking of the dreaded 'partial' upgrade which is a no no?

zika
October 30th, 2012, 09:08 AM
:P

Are you thinking of the dreaded 'partial' upgrade which is a no no?Yes, that is right. It is not „no no“ but it should be always taken with care and understanding...