PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Compiling openwall's crypt implementation

Japheth
October 21st, 2012, 03:16 PM
I've been trying to use openwall's crypt implementation in my c++ programs. I downloaded the source from http://www.openwall.com/crypt/ and put it into the crypt_blowfish-1.2 directory in my home directory. The .cpp file I'm trying to compile is also in that directory. I'm getting the error listed below and I'm not sure how to fix it. I suspect I need to include a library, but I'm not sure which one.

crypttest.cpp (my program):

#include "crypt_blowfish-1.2/ow-crypt.h"

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
return 0;
}

command I use to compile it:

c++ crypt_blowfish-1.2/wrapper.c crypt_blowfish-1.2/crypt_blowfish.c crypt_blowfish-1.2/crypt_gensalt.c crypttest.cpp -o crypttest

The output:

/tmp/ccJo43pD.o: In function `BF_crypt(char const*, char const*, char*, int, unsigned int)':
crypt_blowfish.c:(.text+0x23e0): undefined reference to `_BF_body_r(BF_ctx*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Japheth
October 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I solved this. The missing function was in x86.S, which was in the downloaded source.

After messing around with the c++ compiler for a while, I realized that the makefile in the download uses gcc to compile the various c files and the .S file into .o files and I should just pass those .o files as arguments to my c++ compiler. After that, it all worked. The new command I used was:

c++ crypt_blowfish-1.2/x86.o crypt_blowfish-1.2/wrapper.o crypt_blowfish-1.2/crypt_blowfish.o crypt_blowfish-1.2/crypt_gensalt.o ssltest.cpp -o ssltest -lboost_system-mt -lpthread -lssl