View Full Version : [ubuntu] No rule to make target `load'

October 9th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Hi all, hello ubuntu forums! I'm new here as I used Windows for years, but now I want to get used to ubuntu, so I installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I need to install some drivers for my wireless card, so I downloaded the most recent and tried doing this. Everything was going fine, until I had to load them, but ''make load'' command didn't seem to work. I get this

make: *** No rule to make target `load'
I searched everywhere but didn't find anything helpful! Any help would be really appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!!:P:P

October 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Are you aware of the "hardware drivers" utility? That is there to do exactly what you are trying to do. In fact, the system should have automatically detected your hardware and offered to install the appropriate proprietary drivers.

To run the thing manually, I believe you go to the dash (i.e. click on the Ubuntu logo in the top left corner of the screen) and type "drivers" in the search box. Can't check that right now, as this machine doesn't have the Unity desktop on it. Anyway, it will be something quite similar to that. Click on the icon that appears, let it do it's business and click to activate the driver that is suggested.

You need to be connected via cable to the internet to do this, of course.

If you have already been through that, please supply a few more details about exactly what you have tried and in what manner it didn't work. I wont be much help, but there are enough people here who can help you with wireless drivers.

October 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hello, 'audiomick' has already mentioned Additional Drivers which should sort things out for you.

If your wireless does not work after that go to here and follow the instructions in the post. http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=12177056&postcount=2

Then we can get it working for you.