PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu precise boot process is always looking for wired network

herbert tamayo
October 9th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Hi, after install ubuntu precise pangolin, each time I start my pc it always looking for wired network connection, so if there is no cabled plug to my eth0 the boot process delays up to 4 minutes, so my question is: how can I deactivate the looking for a wired network connection?

regards

Bucky Ball
October 9th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Right click Network icon>Edi Connections>edit Wired connection>IPv4 tab>Make sure 'Connect Automatically' is not checked.

Any luck?

shenmeister
March 8th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I know this thread is pretty old and I'm not the OP, but I just wanted to say that the proposed solution solved my problem. After installing 12.04, it would constantly look for a wired connection and it would always indicate that wired connection is disconnected. Seems silly to be automatically looking for a wired connection when no ethernet cable is plugged in.

I found that the "Connect Automatically" checkbox was located directly in the "Editing Wired Connection" dialog box and not on any particular tab.

Absolute Terror
March 8th, 2013, 06:37 AM
This happened to me with a Belkin USB adaptor.

I ended up just buying a new card for it. Panda Wireless makes ones that natively support Ubuntu but the range sucks.