PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] what is equivalent to mspaint in ubuntu 12.04

syednasirraza
October 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM
hi
what is equivalent to mspaint in ubuntu 12.04......
i have image viewer in ubuntu installed by default,,, but it just allows to view images,, not to edit them like mspaint does...
do i need to install mspaint some how in ubuntu?? will it work???
or does ubuntu provides some equivalent application for using same features.....

jcka005
October 8th, 2012, 09:45 AM
hi.i am not an expert to answer your question but i know something about paint in ubuntu..i am using 11.04..you can find many tools in ubuntu software center..some does look like ms paint..some are different but still good..you could install them right away..i just don't know if the softwares of 11.04 are the same with your 12.04..you should try.hope this will help..

****if i have said any wrong info, let me know C:****

surfer
October 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
try GIMP. you can install it using the software center.

surfer
October 8th, 2012, 09:47 AM
there are many more: in the software center under graphics -> painting and editing you will find others.

Cheesemill
October 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM
The application I turn to for basic edits is Pinta (apt://pinta), it's very similar to MS Paint.

ojdon
October 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM
It still amazes me that Linux has a photoshop clone (GIMP), a Paint.Net clone (Pinta). But no MSPaint clone... Or at least any decent alternative for just some simple image editing.

KDE however, does have Kolorpaint but I hate how I'd need to install QT dependencies just for a paint program.

mips
October 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
The application I turn to for basic edits is Pinta (apt://pinta), it's very similar to MS Paint.

+1 to Pinta

I have both Pinta & Gimp installed.

frncz
October 8th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Have you tried MyPaint? It's lovely and works well with my Wacom Bamboo tablet.
http://mypaint.info/

mike555
October 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I like MTpaint, it's light and has many tools , like adding text,resizing, cropping, etc.

syednasirraza
October 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM
thnx all ... i got it done

longtro
February 6th, 2013, 10:01 PM
which did you choose? I am at the same place : )