PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless works until next restart ONLY

geeljire
October 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I have an Acer emachines E725 and have installed Ubuntu 12.04 using wubi. Initially there was no wireless but I installed the "Additional Drivers" program and installed the Broadcom STA wireless driver.

When I install/enable the driver, the wireless device works well. But if I shut the computer down or restart it, it will deactivate automatically. Then, after the computer is back on, I need to go deactivate it/remove it from the Additional Drivers window and reactivate/enable it again for it to start working again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

will1982
October 7th, 2012, 06:32 PM
This article seems helpful:

http://linuxplained.com/how-to-fix-wireless-problems-in-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin/

bkratz
October 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I have an Acer emachines E725 and have installed Ubuntu 12.04 using wubi. Initially there was no wireless but I installed the "Additional Drivers" program and installed the Broadcom STA wireless driver.

When I install/enable the driver, the wireless device works well. But if I shut the computer down or restart it, it will deactivate automatically. Then, after the computer is back on, I need to go deactivate it/remove it from the Additional Drivers window and reactivate/enable it again for it to start working again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You should be able to get it to automatically load the wl driver at boot time by:

sudo su
echo wl >> /etc/modules
exit

reboot