PDA

View Full Version : It has been a while

Derek Djons
June 30th, 2006, 08:27 PM
It has been a while since I checked the Ubuntu forums on a daily base. How come? I've finally bought that Mac I was chatting about in some older posts. It isn't exactly the model I wanted (the Apple iMac Intel 20 Inch) but after some good thinking I realized an Apple Mac Mini G4 with 80GB + SuperDrive + WIFI/BT would suffice.

I didn't had to learn about Mac OS X and the Mac I bought since I know that all from experience and work. So it was immediately using it for some duty. I bought the Mac to:

- Surf on the internet
- Email
- Write letters / brochures
- Manage my iPod and my whole Music Library
- Organize and (minimaly) edit my photographs

I must say the Mac and Mac OS X just works as I expected. I'm very happy I bought it. On a daily base I save a lot of time with the build in applications and possibilities for batch editing. Now that I have a Mac Mini with Mac OS X and a notebook with Ubuntu Linux I can finally say: "No more dual booting and no more Microsoft Windows XP". Not that Microsoft Windows is a bad OS, but Mac OS X and Linux are just more handy, transparant and easy to adjust.

jarland
June 30th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Woohoo! I'll be honest...the only reason I use linux is because I can't afford OSX & I'm tired of Windows.

bruce89
June 30th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I just don't want to have to buy Mac hardware, even though it looks nice.

Engnome
June 30th, 2006, 09:33 PM
In my eyes Apple isn't that much better than MS, they just have some style and finess. They to try to lock in their customers, they make a closed source OS and they support drm with all their heart.:mad:

They might have some good hardware and OS X is probably a lot better than XP but I would not buy a mac.

bruce89
June 30th, 2006, 09:40 PM
In my eyes Apple isn't that much better than MS, they just have some style and finess. They to try to lock in their customers, they make a closed source OS and they support drm with all their heart.:mad:
Yes, that's true. I also think that Apple are just as bad as Microsoft, if not worse at locking people in as they require their own hardware.

jarland
June 30th, 2006, 09:42 PM
old post went poof