PDA

View Full Version : Do you know about Yagooft?

koosfoto.hu
October 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hi!
I am just excited about a new Social Network what will start soon... and will allow to communicate with people all over the world without language barriers in many (over 50) languages.
It is called Yagooft.
I am already pre-registered and hope to love it... when it starts in this October.
Anyone knows about it?
In Hungarian it is here: www.yagooft.hu (http://www.yagooft.hu)
The official site is here: www.yagooft.com (http://www.yagooft.com)
To register: www.feny.yagooft.com
(http://www.feny.yagooft.com)

I would be glad to learn from YOU, if you know more... and ... it would be nice to have people who use Ubuntu (or sub-version of it) with "me" in this Yagooft thing.

(btw... is it oké to ask this question here?)

Greetings,

Tamas

forrestcupp
October 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM
My first thought is why do we need another social network? The language barrier thing is a good idea. When I went to the web site, I didn't like what I saw at all. The colorful, cartoony look makes it look like it's not a serious thing. Plus, I'd like to be able to read about it, rather than only having the option to watch a bunch of videos.

If you came up with this, I'm sorry about the critique, but from what I saw, I wouldn't touch it.

koosfoto.hu
October 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks, forrestcupp!

It is a big corporation, who has made it... I am just a guy who joined up...

I understand what you say... and, yes... it is kind of "childish"... cartoony... simple colored... True enough!

My thought is... it is intended for children, as well...

Yes, indeed, it would be nice to be able to READ, as well, not only see the videos.

Anyhow... I am in... and excited to see... what will it look like at startup... and how well the translations work. If they do work, I will accept with a big smile and joy the simple design.

Greetings, and have a nice weekend!

Tamas

forrestcupp
October 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Keep us posted on how it works out.

Linuxratty
October 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
My first thought is why do we need another social network?

Same here..I never joined any of the other social networks.And nope, no plans to join this one either.

koosfoto.hu
October 6th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Oké, Linuxratty... thanks.
I have never joint any... beforehands... Well, now I am in... :) However, I did not have to pay yet... :)

Keep us posted on how it works out.

And, yes, forrestcupp, I keep you posted here!

T.

cariboo907
October 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Yagooft, may mean something in a language other than English, put to me is sounds like you goofed. To me that's doesn't seem to be a very welcoming name for a social network.

koosfoto.hu
October 7th, 2012, 06:28 AM
True, cariboo907!
In English it means, as they say... "You Goofed"...
As they explain, the name comes from the language teaching program, what is part of the network... and, when testing someone's knowledge... and the answer is not correct... it says: "Ya Gooft!"...

Well... this can be ONE explanation... however, if you see the logo, the colors, the style of the letters... I have other ideas about the meaning of the name...

Greetings,

T.

Megaptera
October 7th, 2012, 07:30 AM
My first thought is why do we need another social network? The language barrier thing is a good idea. When I went to the web site, I didn't like what I saw at all. The colorful, cartoony look makes it look like it's not a serious thing. Plus, I'd like to be able to read about it, rather than only having the option to watch a bunch of videos.

If you came up with this, I'm sorry about the critique, but from what I saw, I wouldn't touch it.

I agree. I wouldn't use it nor would I let my kids - I hadn't heard about it 'til now.

koosfoto.hu
October 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks Megaptera.

As for me English is "just" a language I learnt... I do not have the feeling for "yagooft", as an expression... It is, for me, just a name, like Yahoo, or Google, or... many others.

There is a new video. It might explain the product better, than I may do...

http://youtu.be/n43CtQOXBog

Well, I am "in", and I HOPE, it will work fine, and will really allow me to talk to others... without language barriers...

T.

Old_Grey_Wolf
October 12th, 2012, 02:03 AM
I have been communicating with people that don't know my language nor I theirs for 10 years. Yagooft makes it look seemless; however, language translation programs are not perfect; in fact, I have found the results humerious at times. For now, BabelFish, Goolge Translate, etc., will surfice unless Yagooft can prove they offer something better. I also noticed that Yagooft is a social network. If I want to use Yagooft I don't want to join a social network similar to Facebook, and the people I communicate with in other countries wouldn't either.

forrestcupp
October 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I have been communicating with people that don't know my language nor I theirs for 10 years. Yagooft makes it look seemless; however, language translation programs are not perfect; in fact, I have found the results humerious at times. For now, BabelFish, Goolge Translate, etc., will surfice unless Yagooft can prove they offer something better.
The language autodetect is especially humorous. I have a Mexican friend who posts "jaja" on Facebook, which obviously means "haha". But autodetect translates it "eggs" because that's what it is in Polish.

HansKisaragi
October 12th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Looks like a website made in Frontpage :|

Old_Grey_Wolf
October 12th, 2012, 08:01 PM
The language autodetect is especially humorous. I have a Mexican friend who posts "jaja" on Facebook, which obviously means "haha". But autodetect translates it "eggs" because that's what it is in Polish.

:lolflag:

litiform
October 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I think I read somewhere that Social networks own everything you upload to them. This freaked me out, so I'm not real big and sharing much through the networks.

critin
October 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM
At least some of the pages are on Blogspot. I think the name Yagooft comes from the combination of Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter. The colors are a big give-a-way.

I'd heard either google or yahoo were going to start their own social site similar to facebook, maybe this is it.

forrestcupp
October 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Looks like a website made in Frontpage :|That's very true. :)

At least some of the pages are on Blogspot. I think the name Yagooft comes from the combination of Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter. The colors are a big give-a-way.

I'd heard either google or yahoo were going to start their own social site similar to facebook, maybe this is it.
Yahoo or Google would never make something this amateur looking. You're probably thinking of Google+, which already exists.

Lightstar
October 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
That's very true. :)

Yahoo or Google would never make something this amateur looking. You're probably thinking of Google+, which already exists.

Google+ is awesome! but unfortunately not as popular as facebook.