PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 12.04 causes multiple problems

pavelblogger
October 1st, 2012, 10:31 PM
Hello everybody.

Yesterday i upgraded my computer at work from ubuntu 11 to 12.04. After installation i had many strange things :

- I could not use Terminal. When i click on its shortcut in left menu, the top bar title is Terminal, but i can't see it anywhere. Even switching to it using Alt+Tab nothing appears.

- Many windows ( ie Settings ) did not have Reduce-Maximize-Close controls

- I could not see Administration in Settings.

- In setting when i looked at information about my graphic card it was written "Unknown" (i use nvidia)

Please help me because it is not simple to work without Terminal with these multiple problems.

Pavel

critin
October 2nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
Are you using Unity 3D, 2D, or another Desktop environment? From your descriptions, I can't figure it out.

Try opening the dash (top button on side bar) Or hit the win logo key. Type terminal in the search and it should be usable.

pavelblogger
October 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hi, i use unity (don't know if 2 ou 3 d). Even from search deck typing terminal and selecting it, terminal is not visible. very strange..
I think about reinstall the previous version, but it will be long.

critin
October 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi, i use unity (don't know if 2 ou 3 d). Even from search deck typing terminal and selecting it, terminal is not visible. very strange..
I think about reinstall the previous version, but it will be long.

If the previous version worked well for you, reinstall it and use it. I would. Something isn't working right, but without knowing what you're using, it's hard to say. There's really no need to upgrade yet. 11 is a good os. Ubuntu? Xubuntu?

You might want to download and try xubuntu if you haven't yet. Boot and choose TRY live before installing. You might find it easier to use and it's a really nice os.