PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Removing Suspend Hibernate buttons

c4c
September 24th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I'm running Lubuntu 12.04 with LXDE. I would like to know if it is possible (and of course how to) remove the options, or simply the buttons to Suspend and Hibernate from the "Logout Lubuntu Session" dialogue box that pops-up from the power menu.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me if/how this is accomplished, or lead me in the right direction.

stinkeye
September 25th, 2012, 02:37 AM
This is how I remove hibernate/suspend from the session menu in unity.
No idea if it applies to lubuntu.
In terminal...

gksudo gedit /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.policy

There are two sections in this file, the first for suspend and the second for hibernate. Near the end of each section there is a line...

<allow_active>yes</allow_active>

Change this entry from “yes” to “no” in each section to disable hibernate and suspend.

<allow_active>no</allow_active>

marinara
September 26th, 2012, 07:06 AM
build the lxsession package with your changes in the c code for lxsession-logout

mc4man
September 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
There are two sections in this file, the first for suspend and the second for hibernate. Near the end of each section there is a line...

<allow_active>yes</allow_active>
]
Thanks for that, was just thinking about whacking that option after inadvertent hitting it for the hundredth time instead of the log out.

(will probably put in a .pkla so it can't get updated away

vasa1
September 29th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks for that, was just thinking about whacking that option after inadvertent hitting it for the hundredth time instead of the log out.

(will probably put in a .pkla so it can't get updated away
And thank you pointing out Stinkeye's post which I didn't pay enough attention to. I subsequently offered a bounty at askubuntu.com (http://askubuntu.com/q/192911/25656) and got pointed to the same thing :)

The only drawback I can think of is that updates may overwrite the changes.

So could you please explain the .pkla approach? What exactly has to be done?

vasa1
September 29th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I came across your answer here (http://askubuntu.com/a/98032/25656).