PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] could not find kernel image: vesamenu.c32

JrockZ
September 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM
Ok ive installed ubuntu to many a USB drive before and never had any issues! today i cant get it to work for the life of me!!
getting could not find kernel image: vesamenu.c32 error,, ive googled researched and tried all the options ive found in the last 5 freakin hours and still get the same thing,, Whats going on shouldnt you be able to download the iso, get the pen drive installer install the iso to the pendrive and be done?
i dnot get it im lost!! Sorry a bit petuurbed too as this just wasted my day!! I just built a computer and i have everything for it except a hard drive and for now i just want to try it out off a pendrive.
I know theres an easy fix but what the heck is it??
Thanks!

----------------
JRockZ

JrockZ
September 24th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Ok ive installed ubuntu to many a USB drive before and never had any issues! today i cant get it to work for the life of me!!
getting could not find kernel image: vesamenu.c32 error,, ive googled researched and tried all the options ive found in the last 5 freakin hours and still get the same thing,, Whats going on shouldnt you be able to download the iso, get the pen drive installer install the iso to the pendrive and be done?
i dnot get it im lost!! Sorry a bit petuurbed too as this just wasted my day!! I just built a computer and i have everything for it except a hard drive and for now i just want to try it out off a pendrive.
I know theres an easy fix but what the heck is it??
Thanks!

----------------
JRockZ

Ok well i gave up, i did get 11:04 to install on an older pendrive and it works fine from my pc but the one i want to use it on doesnt find it as a drive at all,,, i give!! once again Ubuntu defeats me,, Hmm and i have experience with this stuff! Oh Well!
):P
:lolflag:

-----------------
JRockZ