PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Can't Install GNOME Extensions

robawalsh
September 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
I'm using GNOME Shell and up until recently I could install extensions fine using https://extensions.gnome.org/

But now I can't seem to install any. If I click on the slider to install one, it switches to "On" but there is no confirmation to install and it doesn't install.

I can install extensions if I can find them on GitHub and download as a .zip and install through Advanced Settings - but there are rarely links to manual installs.

Any ideas as to a fix? I saw somewhere to reinstall gnome-common, but that didn't fix it.

vexorian
September 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
What browser are you using? It has to be Firefox and you should check in its plugin section that the gnome extensions plugin is functioning. Also, since I used noscript, I had to disable some of its protections to make it work.

robawalsh
September 22nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
What browser are you using? It has to be Firefox and you should check in its plugin section that the gnome extensions plugin is functioning. Also, since I used noscript, I had to disable some of its protections to make it work.

I've tried using Chrome, Firefox and Ubuntu's "Web", neither of them work.

I wasn't aware there was a plugin ... I've never had one before. Could you point me to it?

vexorian
September 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Web is Gnome's little browser not ubuntu's :/

Well, in order to install extensions through extensions.gnome.org GNOME uses a web browser plugin. So go to your browser's plugin manager and make sure the ""GNOME Shell Integration" plugin is intalled.

robawalsh
September 22nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Web is Gnome's little browser not ubuntu's :/

Well, in order to install extensions through extensions.gnome.org GNOME uses a web browser plugin. So go to your browser's plugin manager and make sure the ""GNOME Shell Integration" plugin is intalled.

I can't find that anywhere on the Firefox Extensions site. If you mean Ubuntu Firefox Modifications, I did have that installed but it was disabled.

So, I enabled it, but still no luck.

I even tried installing previous versions of Firefox back to 13.0 but to no avail.

WhatTheTech
January 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM
I second this issue.

Ubuntu Firefox Modifications 2.6 is enabled in my Firefox Extensions. I thought that maybe they had taken the ability to browser-install extensions offline for maintenance, but it has been a couple of days and I've found quite a few people with this same issue...

Brand spanking new installation of Gnome, no modifications.