PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Untrusted Chromium Certificates

Sylos
September 20th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Whilst surfing the web today I clicked a download link and had Chromium pop up a window asking if I wanted to install some security certificate (sadly I didnt take the full details down). I clicked cancel (like a good boy) then went into my preferences to see if there was anything suspicous in there. I found the stuff in my screenshot.

When I highlight any of them I can view them but the delete button is greyed out.

The question is: are these a problem?

Cheers

rookcifer
September 21st, 2012, 08:42 AM
I have those same certs. All it is is a list of certs that Google has hardcoded in that should not be trusted. That is, if the browser comes across those certs, it will provide a warning.

Nothing to worry about.

Sylos
September 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM
Ahh - I see. I thought it was saying I had installed those untrusted certificates.

Thanks for clearing that up.

wacky_sung
September 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM
Actually those certificate are not safe anymore after it has been discovered of a breach last year or early this year which mess up all those certification. What you need is some common sense and do a dns trace if you wanna sure for the domain in which you logging into or doing a online transaction.

Certification mainly is for security reason but nowaday nothing is unbreakable even with certificate.