PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to set up my own repo server?

CatMan316
September 17th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Hey guys i wonder can any of you please throw me a bone here? I have a server machine set up running Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop LTS (I didnt install the server edition as i wanted a GUI) and a laptop machine which i installed 10.04 on and then took it through the upgrade process all the way to 12.04. Also my main laptop machine will soon be a tri-boot setup (WinXP, Win7, Ubuntu 10.04) or maybe quad-boot if i elect to install backtrack on it as well. With so many machines running Ubuntu i was wondering if i could establish my own local repo server (maybe use the other laptop that already has 12.04 on it?) How would i go about setting this up? Would it auto update itsself, or would i need to periodically update it manually? And could it serve more than one distro (multiple versions of Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Fedora, ect)? Any and all comments would be very welcome. Thank you all in advance. :P

yrohinkumar
October 6th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Check this out!

http://www.supportsages.com/blog/2010/05/how-to-create-a-local-ubuntu-repository-updateupgrade-distros-locally-and-thereby-save-bandwidth/

Hope this helps :)