PDA

View Full Version : Wasting my time...

NewDisciple
June 28th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I don't know if this happens to anyone else or not but sometimes (actually most of the time) I will log in to this forum in order comment on a thread. After writing my comment and submitting it I get a message telling me that I'm not logged in. This is very annoying and makes me think that I'm wasting my time trying to post anything here.

Maggot
June 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Try logging out, clear your cache, remove cookies (or just the ubuntuforums.org one) then log back in.

compmodder26
June 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Are you using Firefox? If so, do you have it set to purge cookies when you close it?

ubuntu_demon
June 28th, 2006, 06:57 PM
And just in case : you can copy-paste what you have just written into a text-file before posting it.

NewDisciple
June 28th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Yes, I already know about logging out to clear cookies. And yes I have Firefox with manual purge, which I always forget about. Is there an extension for auto clearing or is it just a settings change in about:config?

Maggot
June 28th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I could be wrong, but logging out doesn't clear the cookie. You should try deleting it physically, then log back in.

Footissimo
June 28th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I get this frequently on the Tremulous forum - to get over it I just go to file->work offline then press back and copy/pasting - ensures that I don't lose what I have written. On this forum pressing the 'remember me' thingy when I log in seems to work fine.

Biltong (Dee)
June 28th, 2006, 08:08 PM
On this forum pressing the 'remember me' thingy when I log in seems to work fine.

I found the "remember me" thingy critically important. Once it is ticked I needn't do it again - and I use Opera.

Arktis
June 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM
I get this on a lot of forums. Just be sure to tick the "remember me" check-box when you log in.

Virogenesis
June 28th, 2006, 08:49 PM
its to do with the session timing out, like others have said ticking remember me will solve the problem but it will also create a cookie which stores your details and if someone steals that cookie they will have access to your account