PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] top panel covers window top bar

voyy
September 2nd, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hi, got an issue with my xubuntu:
Network indicator, date, workspaces and my login are moving on the panel depending on how many items are opened while I always had them on the far right, no matter how many items were on the bar. How do I put it on far right? I can move those items only between themselves changing their order on the bar, can't fix their position on far right.

Petro Dawg
September 2nd, 2012, 12:41 AM
Its been a while since I've messed with Xubuntu panels so bear with with me here.

Did you try adding an "expanding divider" (I can't remember the exact terminology) to the left of the icons?

Also there might already be an "expanding divider" to the right of the icons that is messing things up, (ie expanding when the tray is empty).

Check this and let me know, if all else fails I'll log onto xubuntu and refresh my memory with what everything is on the panel.

voyy
September 2nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
I see separators but rearranging them does nothing to the bar.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2103/screenshot0902201201325.png

voyy
September 2nd, 2012, 01:02 AM
tittle is totally misleading..:sad:

Petro Dawg
September 2nd, 2012, 01:09 AM
click on your last separator (the 4th one down) and make sure its set to expand. let me know if it is already set to do that.

I'm going to log into xfce and refresh my memory on this stuff and post again if anything new comes to mind.

SantaFe
September 2nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
Do you have Lock Panel Checkmarked in Display? If not, couldn't hurt to check it & see if you can move the items in the list to where you want them by highlighting the item & clicking on the up/down arrows. ;)

voyy
September 2nd, 2012, 01:16 AM
click on your last separator (the 4th one down) and make sure its set to expand. let me know if it is already set to do that.

I'm going to log into xfce and refresh my memory on this stuff and post again if anything new comes to mind.

Damn I'm stupid, indeed, double click on separator and mark expand, why I didn't think about double clicking I dunno really...

thanks for help, fixed.

voyy
September 2nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
Do you have Lock Panel Checkmarked in Display? If not, couldn't hurt to check it & see if you can move the items in the list to where you want them by highlighting the item & clicking on the up/down arrows. ;)

yes I do but Petro Dawg gave right solution, double click separator :D

Petro Dawg
September 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM
thanks for help, fixed.

You are welcome, and thanks for letting me know it worked.