PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] opera

pete1977x
August 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
can I get Opera for 12.04 and make a launcher for it??

jockyburns
August 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Download it from here http://www.opera.com/ It should automatically detect that your using Linux. Install it then the first time you run it (from the Dash) right click the icon in the launcher and select "Keep in Launcher."

Jobs a good'un. :-)

rosswmcgee
August 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Opera is my favorite all in one browser and email not a problem to download and install.

GreatDanton
August 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
True Opera was my favorite browser until the latest version. Suddenly it became so slow (so I changed it for Firefox 15) however version 11.64 was working without any problems. Regards.

Frogs Hair
August 29th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Once installed open the browser from dash and right click the icon when it appears on the luncher and lock it to the launcher as stated above.

Opera 12 has been running great for me on 12.04 (videos included) and there should be no special step required to add a launcher.

RedRat
August 29th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Once installed open the browser from dash and right click the icon when it appears on the luncher and lock it to the launcher as stated above.

Opera 12 has been running great for me on 12.04 (videos included) and there should be no special step required to add a launcher.

Same here. In point of fact, Opera seems more friendly with various web pages. I recently ran into a page using FF and Chromium that did not allow a java script to operate correctly. Opera allowed it run the way it was intended. I suspect that it might be closer to IE. The only gripe I have with Opera is that it lacks some of the extensions that FF has.