PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Searching for Nepomuk tags in Dolphin 2.1

ze_otter
August 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I just upgraded from 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS and from there I also upgraded to the latest Kubuntu backports, which means that I have Dolphin 2.1.

Now, the problem: I can't see any way to search for tags in Dolphin. In the previous version I had in 10.04 you just started typing a tag to the search field and it showed all the tags you had, but now there seems like there no way at all. In some screenshots I've seen that there is supposed to be a Search button in the toolbar, but I don't have that - nor do I have any tag panel in the lower right corner of the Dolphin window either. I've deleted dolphinrc and the dolphin directories to see if there was something left over from the upgrade, but that does nothing helpful. I have Nepomuk running and the tags are still there, but how do I use that information in Dolphin??

jazzgossen
September 22nd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Did you find out how to search with Nepomuk yet? I have the same problem. In Dolphin, the only kind of search I can do is "filenamesearch" (when clicking the binocular icon).

I also tried adding a search panel (with F12), but all the options there are greyed out.

Nepomuk is running and indexing, (currently 36000+ files in the index), but how to perform an actual query..?

jazzgossen
October 25th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Just waiting a couple of days seems to have done the trick for me. Now I can perform Nepomuk searches from Dolphin.