PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Audio clicks coming from Google Chrome

Svalorzen
August 26th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hello,

after a recent update of Google Chrome and Ubuntu I started hearing strange clicks coming from the speakers. They seem to appear if some webpage is trying to access the speakers, and only on battery power.

Usually they appear when I have youtube videos on pause ( the clicks disappear when a video is playing ), or when the gmail page is opened. I didn't find other webpages where the problem appeared. The clicks go away if volume is muted, but their intensity doesn't seem to be affected by volume change.

The clicks don't appear if I pause music on the movie player, so it seems the problem is only restricted to Chrome.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04, and my Chrome version is 21.0.1180.81. My flash version, in case it's needed, is 11.3.31.230.

Svalorzen
August 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Bump

Svalorzen
September 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I tried to reinstall pulseaudio, or to substitute it with gnome-alsamixer, but that was not it.

Also, if I go to System Settings->Sound the clicks disappear, so I don't have any possibility to check what is causing them. As soon as I close the sound dialog they start again.

Any help please?