PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Adapter keeps getting disconnected

computerfox
August 19th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Hello all,

I know I posted this topic before and I need help with it again. Here are my specs:

Copy: Server
Version: 11.10

Here's my problem:

I have a Netgear PCI wireless card installed. If I do iwlist, it finds all of my networks. If I try to connect, it connects. After about 10 minutes, it gets disconnected from my router. I would really like to set this up wirelessly. Does any member have any suggestions? Would backports do it? If so, which backport should I use and please specify what I should install. I know that the card is good because I tested it with multiple computers and I even had the client edition installed, which worked great.

Some more specs:

I edited my /etc/network/interfaces file because I remember that the client version didn't have any other interfaces except for the loopback. I also restarted it via /etc/init.d/networking restart

I would be eternally grateful if someone can help me with this. Thanks.

computerfox
August 19th, 2012, 01:26 AM
As an added note, I can put it back up simply with the script I wrote to reconnect and find the IP. In order to fix it, I was thinking about creating a deamon out of my script, but I don't think that should need to be done since I think it's a basic function.

computerfox
August 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
WIth the potential of it being a bad PCI card or a card that needed a special driver, I'm trying out a Netgear USB. Let's cross our fingers,toes,eyes, and ears.

computerfox
August 19th, 2012, 11:18 AM
So, so far it's been staying connected, but now there's another problem-it's amazingly slow. Would there be any way to speed it up? What would cause it to slow down so much?