PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Corrupt icons.

irv
August 16th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I am not sure what is causing this, but I am getting corrupt icons. This is the top icons in the Software center. I can un-corrupt them by moving the mouse over them. I will show you what I mean with this little video.
http://wabasha-server.net/Screen_Shots/Corrupt%20Icons.ogv

cbanakis
August 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Might be a graphics card/driver issue.

Is this issue only present in the software center? or everywhere?

irv
August 16th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Might be a graphics card/driver issue.

Is this issue only present in the software center? or everywhere?
It is elsewhere. Let me explain. I have been using Ubuntu since 2005 on this same laptop and have never had a graphics card issue. In fact I have been running 12.04 since December of last year. Started with Alpha 1 and tested it from start to finish. Now I have done a few fresh installed this past month, and the last install I did was with Black Opal, which is based on Ubuntu 12.04 with some extra effects and applications. I have try turning off a few effects and changed the fonts. I am thinking it might be the theme I am using. I think I will try a different one and see if that helps. I remember having this problem back a few years ago but can't remember when and what I did to fix it.

I posted this out here hoping that someone else might have had this problem and found a way to fix it.