PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] screen capture

Jonatan Formentera
August 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm trying to use VXidcap to capture my screen. I ppress on the button to tape (the red circle) , but after having taped it, it doesn't appear the option to save the record as a file (save as) Can anyone say to me what I have to do? or simply advise me a program to capture what I'm doing onmmy screen? I've ubuntu 11 10

ranger1021994
August 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
To capture your screen press Prt Scr button

Jonatan Formentera
August 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sorry but I don't understand you. What do you mean with Prt screen button?.Do you mean this key Imp Pant/Pet sis? It's for making a photograph of my screen but I'd like to make a multi frame capture
Thanks

Bufeu
August 4th, 2012, 03:50 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_screen

Frogs Hair
August 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Print screen is above the insert key in the top row of the keyboard. You can open the screen shot tool from dash by starting to type the name. The screen shot tool has more options than capturing the whole screen.

jmore9
August 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Try recordmydesktop it is in the repos. That works ok if you have mic input for sound.

gordintoronto
August 4th, 2012, 08:56 PM
+1 for recordmydesktop

arkmundi
August 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
+1 for recordmydesktop
Ditto that. As usual, when I want to do something new, I consult the Ubuntu Forums, to see what experience others may have, what works and may work well or not. So RecordMyDesktop appeared exactly what I wanted. Flawless install from the software center, flawless execution. Don't know what the negative reviews are about, so just quashing all that to say it took me less than hour to find, review, install, learn, produce and do a first Youtube upload. Thanks to the developers who made it happen!:guitar: