PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Flustered

gord66
August 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM
I downloaded Ubuntu 12, now I can`t get back to my Windows site. Also, I can`t
download any software as Ubuntu gives me an "error" message for every download
I try. Would like to uninstall,but looks like I`ll have to get a new hard drive, as this has
no uninstall. It`s a great program but I don`t have a choice of using Ubuntu or Windows.

August 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
I don`t have a choice of using Ubuntu or Windows.You weren't too spesific but maybe this helps https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

Gone fishing
August 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Windows should be listed in grub you just select Windows. If it isn't there try openning a terminal and running
sudo update-grub.
When you try to install software (using Ubuntu software centre) and it gives an error what is the error? it is probably very easy to fix.

To uninstall Ubunt simply put in your Windows install CD and go to repair consol and run fixmbr (XP) or Bootrec.exe /FixMbr (Vista or 7). You can remove the Linux partitions in disk management.

gord66
August 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Thx for the info. I`ll be back to let you know how it went.

gord66
August 2nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hi gone fishing,
How do I open up a terminal?

Breadified
August 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
You can either press CTRL-ALT-T to open terminal, or alternately you could go into "Dash home" in the top left of your screen and start to type "Terminal" into the search bar. It'll come up - click on it and there you go!

gord66
August 2nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
To Breadified:
Thank You

Breadified
August 3rd, 2012, 12:14 AM
Not a problem, you're welcome.

As well, if you're using the "Dash home" method then to bring up that menu without clicking you can use your "Super key" (i.e. the Windows logo on most keyboards).

Hope Gone Fishing's advice works out for you.

Cheers.