PDA

View Full Version : MySpace Linux!

tonyr1988
June 25th, 2006, 08:54 PM
[removed]

Please delete this thread.

bruce89
June 25th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Most kids there can't even speak english properly, so I don't think trying to convert them to Linux is going to help. Not going to help, but MySpace is also not very good at web standards - 135 errors there.
Anyway, welcome to the forums.
If you haven't guessed yet, I despise MySpace, it's just a place for paedophiles and inflated personalities IMHO. I wouldn't even think of using it.

chadk
June 25th, 2006, 09:59 PM
yah I don't see any point in myspace either. None of my friends are there and I won't be either. It's a pathetic site. I do like how it's been getting people in trouble lately though. Posting pics of underage drinking, drugs, terrorism... silly kids.

bruce89
June 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
And to think this generation will rule the world one day. I am part of it though (allegedly).

G Morgan
June 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
No they will all be advertised and marketed into robots like the current generation. Or will humanity have developed a mistrust for continual hype by then.

The problem is knowledge and rights are the key to keeping the world in shape and unfortunately most people have little value for either.

Nonno Bassotto
June 25th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I've never understood MySpace. There are lots free hosts for your blog and lots of free programs to help make a decent one. MySpace solution is simply horrible to look at. I've never used it but I guess their defaults are really awful since some of my friends have a page and these are the worst-looking pages I can think of.:mad:

bruce89
June 26th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Here's an excerpt from a blog comment:

**** 4ll th3m n1gg4z!

rofl lololololool rofl wtf rofl omfgz lolollol rofl

2w0 kud05 f0r y0u
Wow, can somebody translate? Nicked from http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=5765839&blogID=118708812. 103 HTML errors there, as a consiquence, it scrolls slowly.

I just had a thought, who gives a toss about the philisophical thoughts in this entry (and many others)? I certainly don't. The problem with so many of the users is that they think their existance is only justified by revealing every single detail of their drap lives on myspace. I think a wikipedia user page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bruce89) is bad enough.

Brunellus
June 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I keep a minimal presence on myspace because it's a good way to keep in touch with the local musci scene; a lot of bands have been moving away from proper websites/mailing lists/php forums and towards Myspace because it's simply easier for them to deal with it--no skills required.

That said, the heinous design of MySpace is beyond reprehensible. Combine this with every fscking emokid streaming music/videos on their page at once, plus a lot more bad HTML, and you have something that is nearly unusable. It almost makes me yearn for the simplicity of gopher (gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/0/gopher/welcome).

So go ahead and put a linux presence on Myspace. But most kids already on there won't know, care, or care to find out. The ones who are curious enough to consider switching will probably be getting their information off IRC anyway.

animestudiogeek
February 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
I copied the source of my profile into the W3C Markup Validation Service by manual input and it came back with 484 errors and 422 warnings. I took all of my own code out and apparently all of my coding is up to snuff because i got the same results ](*,)

Paul Coleman
August 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Unfortunately, I must have a presence on MySpace but I use it only to monitor my kid's accounts. Frankly, it cannot see the attraction in the first place but it does help in understanding some of the things they say and do off line.

Interestingly enough, the schools in this areas are again seriously considering allowing text message, mySpace, grammar and syntax for school assignments (essays). Pity the teacher that must read through that mess. I suppose the essays will be much shorter however.

One college in the area is also considering this change. College level courses?!?