PDA

View Full Version : Mail-Notification 3.0 deb

SpEcIeS
June 25th, 2006, 08:29 PM
This morning I was trying to build a deb for the latest mail-notification, 3.0, however it errors out. The odd thing is when I compile manually, ./configure;make, everything works.

Now I guess what I am asking is, what file do I need to alter to allow the same configuration and compiling as the manual method. Realizing this sounds cryptic, I do not know how else to term it, but hopefully someone will know.

Here is the final ouput:

.libs/liborg_gnome_mail_notification_la-mn-evolution-plugin.o: In function `org_gnome_mail_notification_message_reading':/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-plugin.c:212: undefined reference to `mail_tools_folder_to_url'
.libs/liborg_gnome_mail_notification_la-mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.o: In function `mn_evolution_folder_tree_control_factory_cb':/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.c:76: undefined reference to `mail_component_peek'
:/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.c:76: undefined reference to `mail_component_peek_tree_model'
:/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.c:77: undefined reference to `em_folder_tree_new_with_model'
.libs/liborg_gnome_mail_notification_la-mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.o: In function `mn_evolution_folder_tree_control_get_property':/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.c:121: undefined reference to `em_folder_tree_get_selected_uri'
.libs/liborg_gnome_mail_notification_la-mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.o: In function `mn_evolution_folder_tree_control_set_property':/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-folder-tree-control.c:145: undefined reference to `em_folder_tree_set_selected'
.libs/liborg_gnome_mail_notification_la-mn-evolution-glue.o: In function `mn_evolution_glue_getUnseenMessages':/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-glue.gob:61: undefined reference to `mail_tool_uri_to_folder'
.libs/liborg_gnome_mail_notification_la-mn-evolution-glue.o: In function `mn_evolution_glue_getFolderName':/home/robb/build/mail-notification/mail-notification-3.0/src/mn-evolution-glue.gob:126: undefined reference to `mail_tool_uri_to_folder'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [liborg-gnome-mail-notification.la] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

hod139
June 27th, 2006, 08:13 PM
if
./configure; make
works, you should be able to use checkinstall. You can install checkinstall from the repos. The process of making a deb then becomes

./configure; make
sudo checkinstall
suppling a decent version number and answering yes to the default questions is usually fine.

SpEcIeS
June 27th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks, but I am using dh_make -e myemail@email.com -f ../file.tar.gz and dpkg-buildpackage method. I have been having some great success with other software, however this one fails. When building the deb for liferea 1.0.16 it too failed, but some alterations to rules in the debian directory had to made then there was success. Most likely the same will apply here.

In the past when using checkinstall I have run into some scrollkeeper issues, so I choose not to use it.

For now I have Mail-Notification 3.0 installed manually and it is pretty nice :)

Thanks for you interest. ;)

hod139
June 27th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I haven't gone the dpkg-buildpackge route in a very long time. The time I did I used this howto:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=51003
For all I know there is a better guide out there though.

SpEcIeS
June 27th, 2006, 10:43 PM
After reading all of the Ubuntu Howto's I decided to stay away form chroot, it would just eat up HDD space. What I build I use anyway, so this would really put my packages to the test. It would be nice to have other test them too. :)

The debian tutorials are great and then apply the ubuntu alterations.