PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lamp server error

stareling
July 31st, 2012, 04:09 PM
I installed a standard lamp server on my Ubuntu distro. I enabled the php modules, commented out the "IfInclude" block and reloaded apache2 and still, when I try to execute web pages with php in the public_html folder, I get a download prompt. This is really stumping me, any help would be appreciated.:guitar:

nbetham
July 31st, 2012, 06:58 PM
What ifinclude block are you refering to? In the past all I've had to do is install php5 and 'a2enmod php5' then restart apache.

stareling
July 31st, 2012, 07:10 PM
I've done that. I've loaded the modules, and I've enabled the public html folder. It suddenly stopped working. Now I've done several fixes, and none of them have worked. I think it's a bug could. I got it working, and it suddenly stopped parsing my php in the public_html folder.

I simply don't want to be accessing the files by root so often.

I had it working and it just stopped i'm going nuts.
):P

nbetham
July 31st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Just found this thread about, I think, the same problem you're having: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1521010

stareling
August 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks dude. I think it's a bug, that link really helped. What I did to fix it was a work around. I changed the DocumentRoot in apache to my public html file. Now I can program without logging in as root. Thank vato.