PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How can I make all applications show in menu?

cosmoshell
July 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I found xfce4-appfinder to work fairly well, but I was woundering how to get icewm to list everything in its menu? also Gnome apllication menu seems to miss things. Even xfce4-appfinder misses somethings. I also use terminal programs and xfce4-appfinder misses these. What can I do to get around this?, as I forget names.

levlaz
July 30th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Not sure about IceWM, but in Gnome and XFCE there should be an option to "edit menu" if you go in there there will be a list of most (if not all) of your applications. If you click on the boxes next to the app you should be able to see in on the menu.

Check out this article (http://www.ghacks.net/2009/08/17/edit-your-gnome-menus/) for more info.

Best,

Lev

cosmoshell
July 30th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Not sure about IceWM, but in Gnome and XFCE there should be an option to "edit menu" if you go in there there will be a list of most (if not all) of your applications. If you click on the boxes next to the app you should be able to see in on the menu.

Check out this article (http://www.ghacks.net/2009/08/17/edit-your-gnome-menus/) for more info.

Best,

Lev

alacarte or whatever its called now, still misses allot and I have to manualy find and add stuff to it. And I dont know if its "menu" or what its called but icewm also finds things that alacarte doesent vice versa.

vasa1
July 30th, 2012, 03:54 AM

Best,

Lev
@ Lev, as a side-note, that site you linked to now seems to be 100% MS Win.
Anyway, if you have experience about Xfce, I have a problem related to OP's: Seamonkey shows up in "other" rather than under "internet". I'll look at that when I'm on my usual machine and see if your suggestion works.

levlaz
July 30th, 2012, 04:00 AM
@ Lev, as a side-note, that site you linked to now seems to be 100% MS Win.
Anyway, if you have experience about Xfce, I have a problem related to OP's: Seamonkey shows up in "other" rather than under "internet". I'll look at that when I'm on my usual machine and see if your suggestion works.

Lol I don't typically use the site, just didn't feel like making my own Screen Shots so I linked to them.

I have the same issue in Gnome-Fallback in 12.04... LibreOffice Draw shows up three different places by default -- in Office, Pictures, and Other. The only way I know how to change it is using the menu editor. I think XFCE has a similar feature.

cosmoshell
August 2nd, 2012, 07:17 AM
I found xfce4-appfinder to work fairly well, but I was woundering how to get icewm to list everything in its menu? also Gnome apllication menu seems to miss things. Even xfce4-appfinder misses somethings. I also use terminal programs and xfce4-appfinder misses these. What can I do to get around this?, as I forget names.

bump. If i cant do this, how can I get a list of all GUI apps?