PDA

View Full Version : What would be the best Solution to Install Ubuntu for me?

Astrinax
July 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hey Newbie here. I know there are guides to tri-boot, and I would be more than happy to follow them. However my situation is a little different and there may be a more easy and hassle free way to do it.

I have two internal hard disks in my Macbook Pro (1TB Each)

If it makes things easier, would I be able to put Linux/Ubuntu on that seperate internal hard disk? I would be look for it to have two partitions. One for the Linux OS and one for media storage.

I would really like to have refit work for this and I would imagine it might be easier this way.
Or would it be better to follow the traditional tutorial for this?

so in a nutshell, what is better for me?

Hard drive 1
Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Windows 7/8
Ubuntu 12.04
Hard drive 2
Extra Storage

OR
Hard drive 1
Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Windows 7/8
Hard drive 2
Ubuntu 12.04
Extra Storage

Also, if it matters, I'd really like these disks encrypted. I know that might complicate things.

cortman
July 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Hey Newbie here. I know there are guides to tri-boot, and I would be more than happy to follow them. However my situation is a little different and there may be a more easy and hassle free way to do it.

I have two internal hard disks in my Macbook Pro (1TB Each)

If it makes things easier, would I be able to put Linux/Ubuntu on that seperate internal hard disk? I would be look for it to have two partitions. One for the Linux OS and one for media storage.

I would really like to have refit work for this and I would imagine it might be easier this way.
Or would it be better to follow the traditional tutorial for this?

so in a nutshell, what is better for me?

Hard drive 1
Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Windows 7/8
Ubuntu 12.04
Hard drive 2
Extra Storage

OR
Hard drive 1
Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Windows 7/8
Hard drive 2
Ubuntu 12.04
Extra Storage

Also, if it matters, I'd really like these disks encrypted. I know that might complicate things.

Either way would be fine AFAIK. You can enable encrypted /home during the Ubuntu installation.

Astrinax
July 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks!